Wisdom Tooth pain is something that almost every individual goes through at least once in their lifetime. The teeth located in the most posterior corner of the dental arch are called the wisdom tooth and it is natural that in some people these tooth never develop. Often any of the wisdom tooth might cause discomfort or prolong the pain. For some people, wisdom tooth pain is a constant phenomenon. While for others, it might pop out unprecedentedly. Few people also experience pain and soreness in the wisdom tooth as they chew food in the farthest corner or touch the tooth. The best dentist in south Delhi advises removing the wisdom tooth before you experience wisdom tooth growing pain. According to the Best Dental Clinic in South Delhi, wisdom tooth pain should be treated, right away.
Wisdom Tooth Pain Causes
Now there are several reasons for wisdom tooth pain. Sometimes the wisdom teeth come up in the nook of the dental arch and it doesn’t fit right. A painful wisdom tooth might be because of any infection that has slithered into it. There are instances where wisdom tooth pain can come out suddenly emerging in the night without any previous warning. Also, wisdom teeth can come up slowly and steadily, growing a little every day. The following can be some of the reasons for a painful wisdom tooth:
- Their growth: The growth of wisdom teeth might cause pain in most cases. When the wisdom tooth breaks your gum and emerges upward, that is what can be hurting you. This may also cause some swelling and soreness.
- Cavity formation: Many times, a wisdom tooth grows in a small space, right next to a neighboring tooth. In such scenarios, it becomes difficult to clean. This phenomenon might result in wisdom tooth cavity formation.
- Impacted teeth: Your wisdom tooth might hurt when you chew or bite. This is because your wisdom tooth has been impacted, thus resulting in swelling and discomfort. Your jaws might hurt and it becomes difficult to open your mouth.
- Development of cyst: If your wisdom tooth is impacted, there is a possibility of any cyst formation in the follicle, that might result in wisdom tooth pain in the jaw and damage to the jawbone.
- Disease in Gums: When you have any kind of gum disease, the chances of wisdom teeth formation increase. Because of the disease, it becomes difficult to clean properly, thus resulting in pain in the wisdom tooth.
- Formation of abscesses: In some cases, the follicle of your wisdom tooth might get infected. This infection may give way to some painful abscesses.
Besides the cause, wisdom tooth pain might affect your entire oral health, and the discomfort can gradually grow into prolonged issues. If you are experiencing pain in your wisdom tooth for the long term, it is time to treat them with expert care.
Wisdom Tooth Pain Symptoms
Whenever a wisdom tooth breaks your gum to pop out, the pain may be excruciating at times. You can notice if your wisdom tooth is poking out. If the pain becomes unbearable, you might need to extract the wisdom tooth. Here are some signs when you can self-examine your pain:
- The edges of your dental arch may hurt, behind the molars, at the back of your mouth
- When you peep into your mouth through a mirror, you can see the wisdom teeth evoking out of your gums
- The edges might be red and swollen, sometimes tender to touch
- In case of an impacted wisdom tooth- bleeding gums, foul breath, pain in the jawbone, and difficulty in opening your mouth
You should visit a dentist when you experience any of the signs of wisdom tooth pain before it gets too bad.
Complications Of Wisdom Teeth
Wisdom Tooth may give way to several oral problems, sometimes even serious and painful ones. They result in massive traffic inside your mouth along with damages to other neighboring teeth. Impaction is yet another critical and painful issue that wisdom teeth cause. Below are discussed some instances when a wisdom tooth invites serious complications:
- Damage to the nearby molars, increasing the chances of infection in them
- The sac where the wisdom tooth grows might get infected with fluid giving way to painful cysts, including tumors
- Impaction can cause wisdom tooth decay when it becomes difficult to maintain the oral hygiene
- Gum diseases like Pericoronitis can occur
How Long Does Wisdom Tooth Growing Pain Last?
Normally wisdom teeth come out in early adulthood once a person attains puberty. The majority of individuals get their wisdom teeth between the age of 18-25. The wisdom tooth is the third molar, and due to lack of space, its eruption may be immensely painful. However, in most cases, wisdom tooth pain paves away in two to seven days. However, due to impaction or overcrowding, the complication may increase forcing you to see a dentist. The best dentist in South Delhi recommends wisdom tooth extraction as the best option to relieve you from painful suffering.
Does Wisdom Tooth Extraction Hurt?
Wisdom tooth extraction is a famous surgical procedure that can be done within a single visit. When wisdom tooth extraction is completed, the nearby gum tissue and bone are likely to get tender. Due to the anesthetic effect, the procedure might be painless, but it is natural to feel tenderness for a few days after the extraction. Within the first 24 hours of the extraction procedure, you may feel nociceptive pain which gradually heals. The post-extraction pain can be treated with oral medication.
Ways To Relieve Painful Wisdom Teeth
Painful Wisdom Tooth invites complication and immense discomfort. With inflamed and bleeding gums, impacted teeth, you may experience excruciating pain that can last for days. You can get relief from the immense pain with the following remedies:
- Salt Water Pulling: Salt Water rinsing is very popular for healthy oral hygiene. Swishing the saltwater in your mouth for some time will give relief to the hurting jaws and painful wisdom teeth.
- Clove Oil: Yet another renowned solution for providing comfort to the painful wisdom tooth. Clove is stuffed with benefits to fight infections, thus it is one of the most effective remedies for pain in wisdom teeth. At an early stage of wisdom tooth infection, clove oil can do wonders.
- Ice: Ice chips effectively release your wisdom tooth pain as it numbs the affecting area. It also reduces swelling of the gums.
- Pain-relievers medication: Oral pain killers can also subside the immense pain in your wisdom tooth. Although they provide temporary relief they can comfort you for some hours.
- Wisdom Tooth Extraction: Come what may, wisdom tooth extraction is the most permanent solution for relieving yourself from long-term wisdom tooth pain. However, extraction is not an option for some individuals due to the added complication that the procedure carries.
Dos And Don’ts After Wisdom Tooth Extraction
Wisdom Tooth Extraction though not a serious procedure requires some do’s and don’ts to be followed religiously.
- Keep your head straight and massage your face with ice within intervals to reduce the swelling and pain
- Initially prefer a liquid diet and switch to hard ones as you gradually heal
- Rinse your mouth with salt water after two to three days of the procedure
- Regular jaw exercise such as opening and closing mouth should be done
- Stick to your medications- in time as per the doctor’s advice
- Brush after a day or two, while brushing take care of the extraction site
- Consult your dentist in case of fever
- Smoking, spitting or using a straw, may dislodge the extraction site, which can result in bleeding
- Avoid hard food like popcorn, pizzas, chips, crackers, etc.
- Use ice water for more than 48hours. Switch to hot water, which can give you comfort and a soothing effect.
- Rinse regularly in short intervals.
What To Eat After Wisdom Tooth Extraction
After extraction of your wisdom tooth, it is essential to maintain a healthy and soft diet for some days. The procedure may take some time to heal your extraction site. Until you have healed completely, experts advise a mushy and liquid diet. Following extraction of wisdom teeth, managing self-care and a healthy diet is essential for healing. Here is all you can consume after the procedure:
- Vegetable soups, stuffed with nutrients and goodness
- Yogurt and Puddings
- Smashed potatoes
- Fruit juice
- Mushy and mashed vegetables
- Blended rice & dal
After a week of extraction, you can switch to instant oatmeal, scrambled eggs, etc., as per the aid and assistance of your dentist.
Pain and soreness in the wisdom tooth should never be taken for granted. Whenever required, consult the best dentist in South Delhi. Being the capital city, Delhi is home to some of the best Dental clinics. You can go for lower or upper wisdom tooth extraction as per your requirement, and the dentist will aid you accordingly.
Smile Oracles stands amongst the most popular dental clinics in Delhi. Their dental specialists are skilled with years of experience and expertise. Here the dentists have updated knowledge and competence of dentistry to treat the new age oral issues. Being one of the best in the city, Smile oracles provides wisdom tooth extraction at a reasonable charge. Their aptitude and hand skills make them the best known in Delhi. Oral problems differ from person to person. As dental experts, Smile oracles treats each of its patients with care and patience. Wisdom tooth pain is prevalent though its cause might vary from individual to individual. A multispeciality dental clinic, Smile oracles assures us to offer a hassle-free wisdom tooth extraction. If you are exhausted with wisdom tooth rotting and breaking, Smile Oracles is your ideal destination. Contact them right away for the best dental care in south Delhi to treat your wisdom tooth infection.
Visit Smile Oracles, to connect with the best dentist in South Delhi
Frequently Asked Question
1. What is wisdom tooth pain?
Wisdom tooth pain is the discomfort or ache felt around the back of the mouth due to the eruption or growth of the third molars or the wisdom teeth.
2. Can wisdom tooth pain be prevented?
Prevention of wisdom tooth pain can be difficult as wisdom tooth growth is a natural process that varies from person to person. However, regular dental check-ups can also help detect any potential issues early on.
3. When should I see a dentist for wisdom tooth pain?
It is essential to see a dentist as soon as possible if the pain persists or worsens. A dentist can examine the affected tooth and determine the best course of treatment.
4. Can wisdom tooth pain cause headaches?
Yes, wisdom tooth pain can radiate to the surrounding areas, including the head and neck, causing headaches. It is essential to consult with your dentist to rule out any other underlying conditions.
5. Is it normal to have swelling with wisdom tooth pain?
Yes, swelling is a common symptom of wisdom tooth pain, especially if there is an infection. The swelling may be localized to the affected area or can spread to the surrounding tissues.