If you are anxious about dental treatment or seeking extreme safety and comfort, then you might consider laser dentistry techniques for your treatment. The use of dental laser technology provides our patients with precision treatment, minimal pain and reduced recovery time. Laser dentistry are an effective, safe and precise way to perform many dental procedures. However, the ultimate treatment outcome also depends on the skill and ability of the dentist. At Smileoracles, our highly trained dentists combine the latest dental laser technology with a professional and compassionate approach to give you a beautiful and healthy smile.
What are the benefits of Laser Dentistry?
Some of the major benefits of using Lasers for dental procedures are:
- The high energy laser beam sterilizes the area and minimizes infection
- Minimal bleeding resulting in less blood loss during the procedure
- Some Laser dentistry procedures do not require anaesthesia injection
- Minimal damage to the surrounding tissues
- Some soft tissue dental laser procedures may not require stitches
- Faster wound healing
- Some tissues can be regenerated using Lasers
Which dental procedures can be done using Dental Lasers?
With the advances in the field of Laser Dentistry, we are now able to perform a wide variety of dental procedures like:
Hard Tissue Laser Dentistry Procedures
- Detection of hidden decay and cavities
- Treating cavities without drilling or anaesthesia
- Treatment of sensitive teeth – desensitization
- Sterilizing the cavity / surgical site / root canals
Soft Tissue Laser Dentistry Procedures
- Crown lengthening procedure
- Correction of gummy smile
- Frenectomy – for example treating tongue tie
- Painless and suture free removal of soft tissue – for example removal of Epulis
- Removal of benign tumours and swelling from gums, palate, cheeks and lips
Other Laser Dentistry Applications
- Treatment of cold sores
- Regeneration of damaged nerves, blood vessels and scars using Photo-biomodulation.
- Treating Sleep Apnea with Sleep Apnea laser assisted uvuloplasty or laser assisted uvula palatoplasty (LAUP) procedure.
- Teeth Whitening
- Reduce pain and inflammation of the temporomandibular joint.