Smile Oracles is the best dental clinic in Greater Kailash. It’s the ideal place to receive an effective professional dental cleaning with minimal pain or discomfort. Here is all you require to know about this procedure.
How to clean teeth?
When the dentist performs teeth cleaning, the following steps are usually involved:
- A physical exam
Before the main cleaning process starts, a physical exam of the full mouth is conducted. A small mirror helps check around the gums and teeth for any indications of inflamed gums (gingivitis) or other serious problems. If major concerns are detected, further steps are planned.
- Eliminating plaque and tartar
With a small guiding mirror to guide them, a tiny hooked device known as a scaler is used to remove plaque and tartar in between the teeth and around the gum line. A scraping sound is normal. The more the tartar, the more is the time required to scrape a specific spot. If you brush and floss, plaque cannot build up or harden into tartar. Once tartar is formed, it can be eliminated only by the dentist. Hence, you must brush and floss more frequently.
- Gritty toothpaste cleaning
After the teeth are fully tartar-free, they are brushed using a high-powered electric teeth-cleaning brush with a grinding noise. It effectively performs deep teeth cleaning and eliminates any remaining tartar from the scaler. The dentist performs teeth cleanings with a toothpaste smelling and tasting like regular ones. But you may choose between flavors. However, it’s a gritty paste for gently scrubbing the teeth. Such professional dental polishing is safe to be done twice a year. But don’t try this harshly at home as the enamel might wear down.
- Expert flossing
Irrespective of flossing regularly at home, you must go for a professional flossing session. During this session, deep between the teeth, any serious concerning spots are located where bleeding may happen at the gums. Any leftover toothpaste or plaque previously in the cleaning procedure is also eliminated.
You’ll generally receive a rinse containing liquid fluoride to rinse the mouth for removing any debris.
- Fluoride treatment
This treatment protects the teeth against cavities for many months. You may be allowed to choose a preferable flavor. Next, the sticky paste or foamy gel is placed into a mouthpiece fitting over the teeth. It’s generally left on the teeth for a minute. A small brush is used to apply fluoride varnish to the teeth. The varnish hardens on interacting with saliva. Hence, you can drink and eat right after.
| Also Read: Mouth is the mirror of the body |
Teeth cleaning tips
You must use the teeth cleaning tips below to follow proper oral hygiene:
- Floss at least once daily after brushing. This can remove any remaining plaque on the gums and from between the teeth.
- Brush the teeth twice daily using a soft-bristled toothbrush for at least 2 minutes every time.
- Go for fluoride toothpaste. It can help prevent dental decay and strengthen tooth enamel.
- Replace the toothbrush every 3 months or sooner if required. If it is worn out, it cannot clean the teeth effectively. If you employ an electric toothbrush, alter its heads every 3 months also.
- Follow a healthy diet. You are less susceptible to gum disorders if you consume healthy foods.
- Avoid sweetened drinks and sweets. Consuming them can raise the risk of cavities. If you still take sweets, brush the teeth immediately after.
- Avoid or quit smoking. Smokers suffer from more gum and dental issues than non-smokers.
- Keep retainers, dentures, and other tools clean. So, brush them regularly. You may also want to soak them regularly in a cleaning solution.
- Fix regular checkups with the dentist. He/she may recommend professional dental cleaning every 6 months for the best oral health. You may need to visit the dentist every 3-4 months if the gums become unhealthy.
How to clean plaque from teeth?
Manual toothbrushes cannot help remove plaque as well as powered or electric ones. Moreover, it’s usually better to have professional plaque removal with special tools for better results. The dentist uses a scaler to eliminate plaque and tartar in between the teeth, near the gum line, and from the dental surface. Then the teeth are polished to get rid of any stains with a handheld electric teeth-cleaning machine having a rubber cup and a scrubbing toothpaste. You can expect to experience a slow grinding motion on your teeth during this time. Your teeth are then flossed to eliminate any leftover plaque and paste.
| Also Read Tooth Cleaning Aids |
Does a dental cleaning hurt?
You will normally feel minimal discomfort/pain during dental cleaning. The following factors may, however, make it more painful:
- Dental sensitivity due to tooth decay, gum problems, or inflammation
- Long breaks between cleanings
- Jaw pain associated with temporomandibular issues
See the dentist for any pain.
What to expect from a dental hygiene appointment?
A dental hygiene appointment for teeth cleaning may last for 30-60 minutes. You can discuss the professional teeth cleaning charges with the best dental clinic in Greater Kailash. Teeth-cleaning cost in India varies from one city to another. For example, the teeth-cleaning price in Delhi is around INR 800-2000 only.