Patients with special needs are those who due to physical, medical, developmental or cognitive conditions require special consideration when receiving dental treatment. This can include patients with heart, liver or kidney disease, uncontrolled diabetes, Alzheimer’s disease, Down syndrome, Autism, Spinal cord injury, Mental retardation and countless other conditions that can make regular dental procedures a challenge. Caring for patients with special needs requires an understanding of their problem and compassion towards them.
We at Smileoracles, focus on meeting the needs and working with the limitations of these patients. Our mission is to provide dental care for patients with complex medical, mental and physical challenges. With our advanced infrastructure and trained staff, we successfully manage any patient, regardless of how complex their condition may be. At Smileoracles, we provide conscious sedation, general anaesthesia, use of hospital resources and expedited care for patients requiring clearance for heart and transplant surgeries.
What to expect at your first visit:
- We start with a comprehensive medical and dental history.
- This is followed by careful clinical examination and necessary diagnostic tests.
- All the diagnostic information is gathered and carefully analyzed, which includes clinical intraoral and extraoral findings, x-rays, blood test reports, and diagnostic study models.
- Sometimes your examination appointment might need two visits due to medical challenges.
- Once all the clinical and diagnostic data is evaluated, we will advise you about your dental condition and treatment options. We will tell you the pros and cons of each recommended treatment option so that you can make the best decision.
- We will also discuss choices you have in how the dental care is delivered to ensure it is safe and comfortable.
- Where required, we discuss our proposed treatment plan with your referring doctor.
- Once a treatment plan is finalized, a treatment plan with fee estimates will be given to you.
We provide dental care services for Children and Adults:
- With medically compromised conditions
- With physical disabilities and wheelchair-users
- Who have severe mental health problems
- With severe learning disabilities
- With severe autistic spectrum disorders
- With dental phobia
- Children with high treatment needs who are difficult to manage
- Who are engaging in substance misuse
If you, your child or someone you know has special needs, you can contact us to discuss your treatment options.